Update 7:30 AM: The First Million match was shut off at 7:00 AM EST on January 26--a little bit later than planned. Teacher account activities have been restored!
Update 11:00 PM: This match offer will end at 3:00 AM EST on January 26, as scheduled. We're excited to share the final numbers on a historic day of giving and celebrating public school teachers and students!
Update 5:00 PM: Because of increased site traffic (so many donors to classrooms!), teachers won’t be able to access the projects tab or the project creation process. Our engineers are working on ensuring we can get you back in there as soon as possible. Go ahead and share a link to your public profile or use the template in the email we sent your way to keep fundraising throughout the day. Your live projects will also be viewable in search, and will still be able to receive matched donations until 3:00 AM EST.
If your project was fully funded today, please refrain from confirming your projects today, but come back tomorrow to celebrate and confirm!
If you were directed to purchase credits or make a direct donation via PayPal, we’ll email you within 10 days with a gift code so you can apply your donation + match to a project of your choice, or pass that gift code to the teacher you intended to support.
To celebrate the first million classroom projects funded on DonorsChoose.org, we're making sure every donation made to a live project January 25 is matched.
For one day only on January 25, starting 7:00 AM EST today until 3:00 AM EST tomorrow, every single live project on DonorsChoose.org will be eligible for a match offer. We’re so excited to kick off our next million projects by helping teachers bring their ideas to life with matched donations today!
If you're a teacher, here's how to qualify:
- Have a live project on January 25. That means your project has been approved by our volunteers and is currently receiving donations.
- If you're unable to view your projects the normal way, share a link to your public teacher page by clicking "Public info" then "Public profile URL." Your live projects will appear there, and you'll be able to fundraise through the page itself if you don't have a project live today.
- Fundraise! Every donation your project receives today will be matched, dollar-for-dollar.
- If your project qualifies for a different match offer instead of the First Million Match, it’s still a great time to fundraise, and your donations will still be matched!
- This offer will end at 3:00 AM EST on January 26, at which point no new donations will be matched by DonorsChoose.org.
If your project meets the criteria above, you should see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it’s approved and live on the site on January 25. New donations will be matched one-to-one until 3:00 AM EST.
The match won’t appear during Friends and Family Pre-funding. Donations made during Friends and Family Pre-funding will only be matched at the time your project is approved, if your project is approved on January 25. You’ll know your project has been approved when it appears under the Live tab in your teacher account.
- Donors to qualifying projects do not need to take any special action to receive a match. It will be applied automatically at checkout.
- Donations made directly to a live, approved project using a credit card, Amazon Payments, PayPal, Apple Pay, a DonorsChoose.org gift card, or DonorsChoose.org account credits can be matched by a match offer. Donations made using a promo code can be matched by either the promo code or the match offer - not both.
- Donations made during Friends & Family Pre-funding can be matched only if the project is approved while the match offer is available.
- Check donations are not eligible for this one-day-only match, as the check would not arrive to the DonorsChoose.org office in time to receive the match.
- Gift card purchases and account credit purchases cannot be matched.