Infosys Foundation USA is proud to support teachers everywhere to bring greater access and inclusion in computer science and maker education. This year, they're helping K-12th grade public school teachers bring new computer science (CS) skills to their classrooms at the Pathfinders Summer Institute, from July 15-20 in Bloomington, IN. Beginners in CS are welcome and encouraged to create projects for this program!
Professional Development project requests from teachers accepted into one of the CS courses offered at the Pathfinders Summer Institute will receive a match offer from Infosys Foundation USA which will match donations to eligible projects while funding lasts. You’ll see each donation you fundraise be matched dollar-for-dollar by Infosys Foundation USA.
New to DonorsChoose.org? We’re excited you’re here!
At DonorsChoose.org, we’re committed to making it as easy as possible for public school classrooms to get what they need. You’re eligible to register if you’re a full-time educator employed at a United States public school or charter school who works with students at least 75% of the time. Here’s a bit more about how DonorsChoose.org works.
Here’s how to qualify for matched donations:
- Head to DonorsChoose.org/teachers to create an account (if you’re already registered, skip this step).
- Visit the Pathfinders Summer Institute website to submit an application for the CS program that best fits your interests and classroom needs. You'll need to click the orange "apply now" button on the header picture.
- You’ll receive an email from the Pathfinders team once your application has been reviewed. If your application is approved, use the included price quote to create a project on DonorsChoose.org before April 2.
- When creating your project, enter the campaign code PATHFINDERS, then click Professional Development.
- Next, describe your students and why you’re hoping to teach computer science in the coming year.
- When you get to the “What” step, click “Trip.”
- Next, follow the prompts to enter the information about the session you’re requesting to attend. Use the price quote you received from the Pathfinders team to enter the pricing information. If you’re unable to enter the information you need, contact us.
- You need to have successfully registered and been accepted to a specific Pathfinders program to create your project. You'll need a unique price quote from the Pathfinders team, not a screenshot.
- In your essay, describe how you’ll take what you learn at the Pathfinders Summer Institute back to your classroom.
If your project meets the criteria above, you should see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it’s approved and live on the DonorsChoose.org site (however, the match offer won’t appear during Friends and Family Pre-funding). New donations to your project will be matched one-to-one as long as funding remains.
If your project is fully funded:
- DonorsChoose.org will email you to let you know your project has been funded, and you must confirm funding for your project within 7 days.
- Upload the same payment document you received from the Pathfinders team as your invoice when prompted so we can finalize your payments for the conference.
- Within 3-4 days of your payment being approved, the Pathfinders team will reach out to you to confirm flight information and share your final conference registration details. You’ll need to confirm that your flight details are correct within 48 hours so that the Pathfinders team can reserve your flight, so please keep an eye on your inbox and spam folder!