Update 3/28/2018: Funding for this match offer has been fully applied to eligible projects and is donations will no longer be matched. We are proud to see all of the amazing projects created to support Hurricane Maria evacuees from Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. We will update this page if additional funding becomes available.
This September, Hurricane Maria changed the lives of millions of Americans, many of whom are students. As thousands of families make their way to Florida to begin anew, we’re proud to support the teachers opening their classroom doors to new students. Projects from Florida classrooms supporting evacuees from Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands can receive a 3X Match thanks to ExxonMobil, tripling the impact of each donation.
Here’s how to qualify:
- You’re a teacher at a public school that has received students displaced by Hurricane Maria.
- Enter the campaign code PUERTORICO when you start your project.
- Create a project for anything your new students need to feel ready to learn in their new classroom or community.
- Keep your total project goal under $1,000.
- In your essay, talk about the effect Hurricane Maria has had on your classroom, and how you’re looking forward to supporting your newest students.
If your project meets the criteria above, you should see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it’s approved and live on the site (however, it won’t appear during Friends and Family Pre-funding). New donations will be matched as long as funding remains.