Starting November 27, projects from North Carolina schools in the counties listed below can come to life at half the cost thanks to matched donations from Duke Energy. Duke Energy believes that today’s students are tomorrow’s leaders, and they want to help more children succeed in the classroom and be successful in their careers once they complete school. They’re excited to support K-12 STEM and K-3 Literacy with this 2X Match offer!
Here’s how to qualify:
- You teach K-12 in one of the counties listed below. Hint: hit control (command for Mac users) + F and type in your county to see if you’re eligible!
- K-3 teachers can create a project for STEM or literacy concepts and resources. 4-12 grade classrooms are not eligible for matched donations on literacy resources.
- K-12 teachers can create a project for STEM resources.
- Keep your total project goal under $1,000, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.org.
- If you’re requesting literacy resources, select Literacy as your subject. If you’re requesting STEM resources, select a subject under Math & Science.
If your project meets the criteria above, you should see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it’s approved and live on the site (however, it won’t appear during Friends and Family Pre-funding).
Eligible North Carolina counties: