Starting October 31, your project requesting resources to host a Family Engagement Event at your school can come to life at half the cost thanks to matched donations from Carnegie Corporation. Carnegie Corporation believes that students thrive when their parents are involved in the learning process, which is why they’re supporting teachers dreaming up Family Engagement Nights (or other events!) to engage parents and students with this 2X Match offer!
This match also has a little something extra. Once your project is fully funded, you’ll receive an email with an additional opportunity to empower those families to get even more involved in classroom life by earning a DonorsChoose.org gift card.
Here’s how to qualify:
- Create a project, and enter the campaign code FAMILY when you get started.
- Request resources that will help you plan a Family Engagement night or other event to engage families, outside of school. The project must request resources for an after-school event.
- Be specific in your essay about how the resources you're requesting will help you engage families in your students' education, as part of an event at your school.
- Keep your total project goal under $2,000, including tax, shipping, and the suggested donation to DonorsChoose.org.
- Select Parent Involvement as your subject.
If your project meets the criteria above, you should see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it’s approved and live on the site (however, it won’t appear during Friends and Family Pre-funding). New donations will be matched one-to-one as long as funding remains.