Update 12/13/17: Funding for this opportunity has been fully applied to eligible projects and is no longer available.
Starting October 18, 2017, your professional development project can come to life at half the cost thanks to matched donations from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation! Recognizing that teachers need access to continuing education so that they can be effective educators, the Gates Foundation is thrilled to support professional development opportunities and looks forward to hearing about teachers’ experiences. When teachers invest in their development, they help to create student-ready schools.
This 2X Match offer is just the beginning: after you’ve used your professional development resources or attended the experience you requested, we’ll email fully-funded teachers with a link to a feedback survey. We'll send this survey in early spring, 2018, or once all funding for this match offer has been spent. Teachers who complete the feedback form will receive a $100 gift code, while funds last. Down the line, we’re excited to offer full funding for the projects requesting highest-rated ideas!
Here’s how to qualify:
- You’re a full-time public school educator who spends at least 75% of the day directly working with students.
- Create a professional development project by clicking Professional Development on the HI screen.
- Request the resources or experiences you need to develop your craft as an educator.
- Everything you request in this project should directly benefit you as an educator, rather than be used in the classroom instructionally.
- Keep your total project goal under $1200, including all taxes, fees, shipping, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.org.
If your project meets the criteria above, you should see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it’s approved and live on the site (however, it won’t appear during Friends and Family Pre-funding). New donations will be matched as long as funding remains. For additional tips to create a professional development project that will be super engaging for your donors, check out this guide!