Charles Schwab is excited to support teachers in getting the financial education they need to create innovative financial literacy projects in classrooms across America. That’s why they’re offering two to one matched donations to qualifying professional development projects that give teachers the chance to learn more about and teach financial literacy, so they can spread their knowledge in the classroom.
For this 3X Match offer, here’s how donations will be multiplied:
- You donate $10 to a qualifying project
- The project will receive $10 from you, and a $20 match from Schwab, bringing your impact up to $30.
Here’s how to qualify:
- Create a professional development project and enter the campaign code SCHWABFINLIT by clicking “Got a campaign code?” as pictured below:
- Request non-tech resources or experiences that will increase your financial literacy as an educator and ability to teach financial literacy to your students
- Technology (like tablets and laptops) will not qualify
- You can search for books that would improve your understanding of financial literacy, conferences in your area that would help you teach the subject, or certifications that might give you the opportunity to teach financial literacy at your school
- Your project should only include resources for your professional development, but you can create a separate financial literacy project for your students with this match offer
- Keep your total project goal under $1500, including taxes, shipping, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.org
- Select Financial Literacy as your subject
If your project meets the criteria above, we’ll review it for the match offer and apply it once it’s live on the site (however, it won’t appear during Friends and Family Pre-funding). New donations will be matched as long as funding remains.
Need inspiration? Here are some of our favorite financial literacy professional development projects:
- Economic Education - Investing in Our Children’s’ Future from Mrs. Jackson
- Financing Education in a Climate of Change from Mrs. Swafford
Need resources for your students? Check out the Double Your Impact on financial literacy projects for classroom requests, also from Schwab!