Starting August 21, donations to your project that combines science, math, engineering, or technology (STEM) with the arts can be matched thanks to support from an anonymous donor. This anonymous donor’s goal is to encourage teachers to use STEM concepts to deepen students' understanding of the Arts and vice versa––all while helping students solve real-world challenges and problems. They’re excited to support qualifying STEAM projects with this Double Your Impact offer.
Submit your most innovative idea, because the two teachers who submit the most creative, hands-on ideas will be awarded a $5,000 DonorsChoose.org gift card! Judges will review all qualifying projects later this fall, and they’re especially looking forward to seeing great student-led ideas from 7-12th grade students. See the rubric below for a better idea of what it takes to win this challenge!
Here’s how to qualify:
- More than half of your students are from low-income households
- Create a standard, student-led, or professional development project that combines the arts with STEM
- Explain how the resources or experiences you’re requesting will help your students create art while learning about STEM concepts
- Keep you total project goal under $1,000
- Select one subject in the Music & The Arts category, and one subject in the Math & Science category
If your project meets the criteria above, you should see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it’s approved and live on the site (however, match offers won’t appear during Friends and Family Pre-funding). New donations will be matched as long as funding remains.