Update 10/25/17: Funding for this opportunity has been fully applied to eligible projects and is no longer available.
How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice, practice, practice! If you’re a music teacher, you know it also takes reeds, rosin, and rock stops to make sure your students are ready to play. Now, qualifying projects that request music essentials like these can get one-to-one matched donations. Yamaha Corporation of America is excited to support projects requesting these music essentials with this 2X Match offer!
Here’s how to qualify:
- You teach music to 6-12th grade students
- Enter the campaign code YAMAHA when you get started creating your project
- Request resources that help your students get ready to play--think sheet music, strings, and metronomes rather than instruments
- No more than half of your cart can contain instruments
- Keep your total project goal under $1000, including taxes, shipping, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.org
- Select Music as your subject
If your project meets the criteria above, you should see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it’s approved and live on the site (however, match offers won’t appear during Friends and Family Pre-funding). New donations will be matched as long as funding remains.
Need inspiration? Here are some of our favorite music essentials projects: