*UPDATE 8/25, 7:30am: Funds for the Gates Foundation match have been fully tapped, thanks to an incredible response from our teacher and donors. But the mission continues, you can still support a project!
August 23, 2017
Follow these steps to activate your match (up to $40 per donor):
- Choose a project to support
- Enter the amount you’d like to give (don’t include the matched amount--we’ll take care of that!)
- On the payment page, enter GATES in the promo code box, as pictured below, and click Apply to activate your match (up to $40 per donor)
- Up to $40 per donor can be matched for donations made using a credit card, Amazon Payments, PayPal, or Apple Pay.
- Donations made via gift card, account credits, or check are not eligible for matching.
- Donations may only qualify for one matching offer.
Frequently asked questions about the GATES promo code:
How long will this last?
Great news! We were able to extend the promo code offer from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, so it is still available. We anticipate it will be valid through 8/24, but funding is limited so act fast!
I made a donation today but forgot to enter the GATES code! Can you add it for me?
You bet! Let us know and we’ll do our best to retroactively match your donation up to $40 per donor with the GATES code.
Can the GATES code match donations I made before today?
In an effort to make sure the funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation can match every eligible donation today, this promo code will only work on donations made on 8/23/17 or after (while the funds last).
I submitted a project just now so that I can get matched donations on my project. Can you approve it?
We have all hands on deck to make sure as many projects as possible can benefit from this one-day-only promo code. While we’re working on approving your project, feel free to share your submitted project in Friends and Family Pre-funding so that your donors can use the GATES code when they give to your project. Eligible donations will be matched once your project’s live.