Update: That's a wrap! This year, Chevron's Fuel Your School funding fully funded over 5.3 million dollars of classroom dreams, giving over 700,000 students new classroom resources. All funding has been applied to eligible projects, and no new project will receive funding from Chevron.
We are thrilled to announce that Chevron Fuel Your School will be returning for the 2017 school year in the 17 U.S. markets listed below! Chevron’s Fuel Your School program makes it possible for local communities to help generate up to $6+ million for their local public schools in these participating U.S. markets, with the help of local Chevron and Texaco marketers and retailers in seven markets. Eligible K-12 projects from the markets below will have a chance for full funding, with the help of Chevron’s Fuel Your School program. Read more below on how projects are funded!
To participate, make sure your school is in one of the markets below (hint: hit control + f and type in your city or county to see if your market is participating this year), and create a project requesting $1,000 or less in materials.
The markets listed below will participate in this year’s Fuel Your School program.
Fuel Your School markets:
- Mobile, Alabama
- Fresno County, California
- City of San Diego, California
- Alameda and Contra Costa Counties, California
- Kern County, California
- Select cities in and around the South Bay area of LA County, CA (Carson, Compton, Culver City, El Segundo, Gardena, Hawthorne, Hermosa Beach, Inglewood, Lawndale, Lennox, Lomita, Long Beach, Manhattan Beach, Mar Vista, Marina Del Rey, Playa Del Rey, Palos Verdes Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach, Rolling Hills Estates, Santa Monica, Westchester, and Torrance)
- Jefferson, Lafayette, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Tammany, Terrebonne and Lafourche parishes, Louisiana
- Jackson County, Mississippi
- Harris County, Texas
- Salt Lake, Davis and Utah counties, Utah
- Municipality of Anchorage, Alaska
- Yuma County, Arizona
- Del Norte, Humboldt, Lake and Mendocino counties, California
- Miami-Dade County, Florida
- Ada and Canyon Counties, Idaho
- Jackson and Josephine Counties, Oregon
- Midland and Ector Counties, Texas
Here’s how to create an eligible Fuel Your School project:
- If you’re in one of the markets above and you teach K-12 students, create and submit a project on September 1, 2017 for the best possible chance of funding
- Keep your project’s materials cost under $1,000
- Although projects submitted at midnight EDT on September 1, 2017 (which is 9:00 PM PDT on August 31!) have the best chance of being funded through Fuel Your School, projects can be posted through November 3, 11:59 PM for funding, or until all funds have been exhausted in your market
- Only your first materials project submitted between September 1, 2017 and November 3, 2017 will be eligible; if you submit more than 1 in this time frame, only the first one that meets the Fuel Your School criteria will be eligible
- Professional Development, class trips and visitors are not eligible for funding through Fuel Your School
- Projects that qualify for other match offers (like Student Life Essentials) are eligible for funding through Fuel Your School
- Projects are funded by the order in which they were submitted within the eligible school within a city, on a rotating basis
- Submitting an eligible project does not guarantee funding for your project, and projects submitted on September 1, 2017 will have the very best chance of receiving funding
- Although not required, Chevron loves seeing projects requesting STEM resources
- The Project Submission Period ends on November 3, 2017 at 11:59pm EST, or earlier in the event all funds have been distributed to eligible projects
- The Project Funding Period begins October 2 and ends November 3, 2017, or until all funds for each market have been distributed to eligible projects
FAQ on Fuel Your School, after 9/1/17:
My project was submitted before 12:00:00 EDT on 9/1/17. Can I change the submission date?
We’re not able to change the submission date on your project, but as long as you submit a new project before November 3, you can get in on the action! Here are some instructions to remove your project and create a new version.
My project is over $1,000! Am I still eligible?
As long as your materials cost (which does not include taxes, vendor or order fulfillment fees or any optional donation to support DonorsChoose.org) does not exceed $1,000, you’re good to go! To make sure you’ve requested the right amount, head to your project page, scroll to “Where Your Donation Goes,” and make sure the Materials cost line does not exceed $1,000. If it does, here are some instructions to remove your project and create a new, lower cost version.
I posted my project on 9/1/17. I did everything correctly. Will my project get funded?
You’ve got a great shot at getting Fuel Your School funding! Funding will rotate among each eligible market, funding one project per school in each funding rotation. If you were the first to post a Fuel Your School project at your school, odds are good that your project will receive funding. If teachers at schools near you posted after you, their project may get funded before yours if they were the first teacher at their school to post a project for Fuel Your School.
How can I make sure that my market gets as much funding as possible?
From October 1-31, every time you fill up 8 gallons or more at a participating Chevron or Texaco station, $1 will be donated to help fund classroom projects in that market, up to that market’s cap.
See complete Fuel Your School rules at www.fuelyourschool.com.