3M is committed to empowering the next generation of scientists to find solutions to the world's most pressing challenges. That’s why they’re excited to support innovative robotics projects in the 3M Robotics Innovation Challenge and Double Your Impact offer!
Qualifying projects submitted before September 15, 2017 will be considered for this Innovation Challenge, although the match offer may spend out before or after that date. One project per teacher will be considered for the Innovation Challenge, and if more than one project qualifies for this offer, we'll consider your first project for the Challenge. The 10 teachers with the 10 most innovative projects will each win a $10,000 DonorsChoose.org gift card!
Here’s how to qualify:
- Enter the campaign code 3MROBOTICS to be considered for the Innovation Challenge
- Create a project that will help your students innovate and problem-solve using robotics
- See the rubric below to get your innovative juices flowing
- Only materials project will qualify
- Keep your total project goal under $1200
- Make sure the resources you request are classifiable as technology
- Select Applied Sciences as your subject area
If your project meets the criteria above, you’ll see the match offer applied as soon as your project’s live. If you see a different match offer appear on your project, you'll still be considered for the 3M Innovation Challenge as long as your project meets the criteria above. Matching donations will continue as long as funding remains, and our judges will use the rubric below to begin reviewing eligible projects on 9/15/17.
Need inspiration? Here are some of our favorites so far:
- Magical Robots from Mrs. Pace
- Those ARE the Droids You're Looking For! Robotics for CS! from Mr. Behmer
- Red Planet, Red Planet, let our Spacecraft Rover Over! from Mrs. Weaver