As the 2016-2017 school year comes to a close, you might already be thinking of ways to support your students’ learning during the summer. Along with the online tutoring platform Zeal, DonorsChoose.org is excited to help! Starting May 30, projects requesting Zeal summer math tutoring subscriptions for up to 10 students can qualify for a Double Your Impact match offer. In the meantime, we wanted to give you the chance to post your project and get a head start on preparing your students and families for at-home summer tutoring!
Zeal At Home is an online service which provides students with one-on-one math tutoring over the summer with a Zeal-approved instructor. Read more about Zeal here.
Here’s how to qualify:
- Identify up to 10 students you’d like to support with online math tutoring this summer
- Make sure those students have at-home internet access and a working desktop, laptop, or iPad
- Make sure you have a working email address or phone number for the students' families (you'll need to send them account information if your project is fully funded over the summer)
- Be prepared to communicate with your students’ families about helping with your special summertime thank-you package (since completing one without direct access to your students can be a bit more difficult)
- Create a project that requests no more than 10 Zeal at Home tutoring subscriptions from AKJ and no other resources
- When you go shopping select AKJ Education, search for “Zeal at Home"
- One project per teacher can qualify for this offer
Only donations placed after May 30 will be matched. We’ll send you an email to let you know that your project qualifies on that date, and donations placed from then on will be matched.
If your project meets the criteria above, you’ll see the match offer applied on May 30. If you accidentally receive the match offer when you’ve requested other resources beyond Zeal subscriptions, our team will remove the match offer and reach out to help you create a second project for any additional resources you need.
Once your project is fully funded, simply send parents to parent.zeal.com to sign up. All a parent needs is your name, email, and school. Here is a flyer about Zeal you can send home to parents to gauge their interest and help them sign up, and remember, they might be part of completing your special summertime thank-you package.