Update 5/10/17: Funding to support this match offer has been fully used up on eligible projects. We're so inspired by all the amazing progress teachers have made towards more media-literate classrooms through this campaign!
News Corp wants to empower teachers and students with tools to navigate the ever-evolving world of media news. That's why they're partnering with DonorsChoose.org to bring select Media Literacy projects to life at half the cost! With this Double Your Impact match offer, News Corp is excited to help donors and teachers bolster the critical thinking skills students need to decipher and debunk fake news.
Here's how to qualify:
- Starting February 6, create a project requesting non-tech, non-yearbook resources or experiences that will increase your students' media literacy
- Explain how your request will explore media literacy concepts and equip your students to digest the news in a comprehensive way (and mention media literacy in your essay)
- Technology requests will not qualify
- Projects for yearbook clubs will not qualify
- Keep your total project goal under $1000
If your project meets the criteria above, you'll see the match offer applied as soon as your project is live, and new donations will be matched.
Need inspiration? Check out these awesome ideas below: