Update 4/25/17: In an effort to prioritize funding projects that have already been submitted, FIRST is no longer accepting submissions for this round of funding. Stay tuned, because FIRST will be back with a new round of funding later this summer!
Does your FIRST® team need new equipment? Does your school need a FIRST team, period? We’re excited to partner with FIRST on this new initiative to support teams all over the country and help you start one at your school. Funding is not guaranteed, and FIRST will review each submission and select their favorites for a certain amount of funding--read below for details!
Here’s how to be considered:
- Make sure you have a coach account on FIRSTinspires.org (If you do not have a team, go to FIRSTinspires.org and on the top right corner click sign up and then register yourself. Follow the steps to create a new team.)
- Create a project requesting FIRST team registration fees, materials, equipment, or team travel costs (if you need extra points for a special request for materials not offered by our vendors or for a trip, let us know and mention that you’re creating a project for the FIRST offer)
- Below is the maximum amount each type of FIRST team can receive, which may or may not fully fund your project:
- FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. single teams: $500
- FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. Season Pass teams: $4000
- FIRST® LEGO® League teams: $1000
- FIRST® Tech Challenge teams: $3000
- FIRST® Robotics Competition teams: $6500
Create your project
Once you’ve completed the survey [no longer accepting submissions], your project will be considered by FIRST on a first come, first served basis. If selected, you’ll receive a donation in accordance with the amounts above. Keep in mind that this selective funding opportunity is not a guarantee of full funding, and FIRST hopes to inspire your community of donors to rally around these projects, too! Here are some of our favorite fundraising tips that we’ve learned from our teacher community.