STEAM projects at highest poverty schools could come to life at half the cost and be considered for a $5,000 DonorsChoose.org gift card as part of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Innovation Challenge! The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is committed to achieving broad, lasting and positive impact for society at large, beginning with our teachers’ and students’ ideas in STEAM. Projects that meet the criteria below will be considered for this opportunity, as well as projects that mention STEAM that were submitted before 12/21.
Here’s how to qualify:
- Make sure your school is listed as highest poverty on DonorsChoose.org
- Enter the camapign code STEAM when you start creating your project by clicking the white link that reads “Got a campaign code?” (See image below for a hint!)
- Explain how your innovative idea will immerse your students in STEAM concepts
- Request resources that align with your STEAM goals (bonus round: how will you tie Art into your exploration of STEM?)
- Keep your total project goal under $1500
If your project meets the criteria above, you’ll see the Stavros Niarchos Foundation logo on your project as soon as it’s live and donations made while the logo is present will be matched. Projects submitted before the Innovation Challenge launched on 12/21 will be considered if they mention the word STEAM.