Update on November 30, 2022 at 3:00 AM ET:
This funding opportunity is no longer available.
On November 29th, all live, approved projects will receive a 2X match, while funds last. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation, and so on.
Here’s how teachers can qualify for the GivingTuesday match:
- Have a live, approved project on our site by November 29th at 7:00 AM ET.
- If you already have a live, approved project on DonorsChoose, you’re all set!
- If you have multiple projects live on the site, all of your projects will be eligible for the match.
- Standard, Special Request, and Professional Development projects all qualify for this match.
What donations will receive the match?
Donations made between 7AM ET November 29th and 3AM ET November 30th are matched.
- Donations are matched by 2X, meaning a $20 donation will become a $40 donation, or a $100 donation will become a $200 donation, and so on.
- Credit card, PayPal, account credit, and gift card donations to live projects are eligible for this match. Donations via check and donor-advised fund are not matched today due to processing time.
- Donations made during friends and family pre-funding are only matched if the project is approved on November 29th.
How long does the GivingTuesday match last?
Donations made to an eligible live, approved project between 7AM ET November 29th and 3AM ET November are matched.
Frequently Asked Questions
My submitted project is still not approved. Will it be approved in time? Can I create a project today and qualify?
Our team of project screeners is working hard to approve submitted projects; however, projects submitted very recently or those that require staff attention may take longer.
How will I know if my project qualifies?
If your project is live on our site, you’re all set! On November 29th, you’ll see a 2X indicator on your project, showing that all donations you receive that day will be matched. Standard, Special Request, and Professional Development projects all qualify for this match.
What if I have a different match offer?
If your project qualifies for other match offers when it’s approved, you’ll receive matching donations for the higher multiplier. You can learn more about how match offers work through our Help Center.
What materials can I request?
Need inspiration? See this article for guidance on what resources are eligible. Note: Projects requesting gift cards (outside of Teachers Pay Teachers gift cards) must be reviewed by our small team of staff screeners. For the best chance at having a live project on November 29th, we recommend that you do not include any gift cards in your project.
Can a previously posted project qualify for this match?
Yes, projects that are live and approved by November 29th will receive the match. Most projects are reviewed and posted within five days of being submitted. Our team of staff and volunteers are working hard to screen as many projects as possible. Submit your project today!